2015 JTV Rock Star Designer
2015 JTV Rock Star Designer Tip Sheet
Step 1: Upload your Headshot
Step 2: Upload your video – no more than 2 minutes in length
Step 3: Upload up to four more images to showcase your jewelry designs.
Step 4: Agree to the official contest rules
You will be asked to provide a description with each file you upload. For your headshot and video, please provide your first and last name on each upload. For your still image uploads, please provide a detailed description of each design. This description should include materials and techniques used, inspiration, how to wear it, or any other details you feel demonstrate the characteristics of the piece.
Photo and Video Files
You may upload still images in .jpg format.
Video formats supported include .mov, .mp4, and .wmv
• Take your photo from straight ahead, or from a slightly above angle for the most flattering effect.
• Make the most of natural sunlight. Position the sun behind you for the best effect. Avoid facing the sun, so you aren’t urged to squint.
• If taking your photo indoors, avoid overhead light, which can cast unflattering shadows.
Photography and Video Tips
• We want to see your beautiful designs in great detail, so be sure your photographs are cropped closely, well lit and in focus.
• Keep the background simple. Use a solid color and be sure your pieces contrast nicely with the color you choose.
Be sure the subject is the brightest object in the photograph.
• Give yourself five seconds at the start of your video before you begin speaking or doing anything you want included.
• You’ll want to be sure the camera you are using is stable, so your footage and photos are crisp and clear, not blurry. Use a tripod, or find another steady surface to position your camera.
• If using a smartphone, it is best to shoot your video in landscape.
What to Include in Your Video
You should capture footage that embodies not only your designs, but you as a person. Ask a friend or family member to help you capture footage of you in your studio, around your hometown, spending time with your family, or anything else you feel will give our judges a sense of your personality and what inspires your passion for jewelry design and why you should be the next JTV Rock Star Designer. Your video should be no more than two minutes long.
Important Things to Know
• When you enter JTV’s Rock Star Designer Contest, please be aware that if you are selected as a finalist, you will be required to return a completed Finalist Agreement before proceeding to the next phases of the contest.
• See the agreement here
• Official contest rules (You must agree to these rules to enter the contest.)
• Second Round Finalists must be available on May 29th via phone and email. JTV will notify finalists by 3pm EST.
Failure to reach a finalist may result in disqualification.
Enter at JTV.com/RockStar