If you have children, you know how difficult it can be to maintain a skin and beauty regimen. For most of us moms, we’re happy to have the time to wash our faces and throw on a little makeup before tackling the busy day ahead.
However, a lack of decent skincare, combined with factors like stress, hormones and genetics, can result in dull, blemished and even older-looking skin. Thankfully, there is a way to take care of our skin, without wasting precious time or spending too much money.
Keep reading for simple skincare tips, designed to give even the busiest moms a clearer, brighter, younger-looking complexion.
Simple Skincare: Less is More
Are you always on the lookout for the next great skincare product? Are your shelves and cabinets packed with half-used moisturizers, toners and facial cleansers? If so, you’re not alone. We women love our beauty products, and we keep on purchasing them in hopes of finding what works for us. But, if a growing supply of barely-used skincare products is any clue, it’s that less might be more. Take, for instance, the substances found in most of our beauty products. Fragrances, dyes, alcohol and other common skincare ingredients can irritate the skin, as well as cause blemishes, drying and premature aging. Plus, who has the time for a multi-step routine, especially when all those products often harm more than they help?
The good news is, effective skincare doesn’t have to be so complicated. Use the following tips to simplify your regimen, as well as save time, money and energy.
- Go natural. With natural products, you’re less likely to experience effects like drying and irritation, which can save you time in dealing with added complications. So, avoid products containing alcohol, dyes, fragrances and other irritating ingredients.
- Skip unnecessary steps. Our daily routines shouldn’t take more than a few minutes, tops. Wash, tone, moisturize, and you’re done. Save the exfoliating and other intensive treatments for the weekends, and save your skin the irritation caused by a barrage of products and techniques.
- Be gentle. Heavy-handed methods can leave your skin dry and inflamed, and can also lead to acne breakouts. Use a lighter touch, and your skin will thank you.
Dealing with Aging and Imperfections
The signs of aging can be daunting, to say the least. Those tell-tale dark circles and crow’s feet can be difficult to hide and frustrating to deal with, as can blemishes and other imperfections. Plus, factors like stress, hormonal changes and lifestyle habits can exacerbate fine lines and blemishes, leaving many women at a loss for how to effectively treat the problem. Thankfully, the following pointers can help:
- Banish blemishes. Again, harsh products are not the answer. Whether it’s acne or something common like skin tags, address the problem with gentle, all-natural solutions. All natural skin tag removal products, for example, can be just as effective as those with harsher ingredients, minus the discomfort and irritation.
- Work from the inside out. Your outer appearance is a definite indicator of your inner health. To get clear, glowing skin, healthy lifestyle choices are in order. Get plenty of sleep, take measures to reduce stress, and enjoy a balanced diet, rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Hydrate. In addition to other healthy lifestyle choices, hydration is key to great skin. Plenty of water can keep your skin looking fresh and youthful, and can also help reduce puffiness, dark circles and blemishes.
All moms deserve to look and feel their absolute best. Even with busy schedules and the stresses of everyday life, you, too, can have the healthy, glowing complexion you’ve always wanted. Use the tips provided here, and simplify your way to clearer, brighter, younger-looking skin.