Is your Dad a SUPERHERO?! Bring Dad (okay the kids too!!) to LEGOLAND® CALIFORNIA RESORT on Father’s Day to see the LIFE-SIZE Batmobile from Chevrolet.
Inspired by the LEGO® BATMAN™ MOVIE FROM WARNER BROS. AND DC ENTERTAINMENT!
What’s built with more than 340,000 LEGO® bricks, measures 17 feet long and was inspired by “The LEGO® Batman Movie”? It’s the life-size LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet and it will be on display at LEGOLAND California Resort from June 13 – July 4, 2017 for Park guests to see! The special appearance of The LEGO Batmobile is in honor of the release of “The LEGO® Batman Movie” from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment which debuts on Blu-ray on June 13!
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made “The LEGO Movie” a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble—LEGO Batman—stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham City, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.
The LEGO Batmobile from Chevy:
- Weighs 1,695.5 pounds
- Each tire is just over 100 pounds
- Is 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds
- Is built using 344,187 LEGO bricks
- Uses 17 LEGO colors
- Took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build
- Was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut by LEGO® Master Builders
As a special tribute to dads…On Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, the first 4,000 Park guests will receive miniature LEGO Batmobiles to build at home!
June 13 – July 4, 2017 (check www.LEGOLAND.com for Park hours as they vary)