Have you and your significant other been getting the urge to start a family?
If that’s the case, what are you waiting for?
Unfortunately, the wait can be painfully agonizing for many couples when there are fertility issues in play. As a result, their dreams of starting a family can be put on hold or even doused forever. Given all that the medical world has to offer, those dreams can ultimately turn into reality.
So, are you ready to get to work one more time on trying to have a baby?
For those countless couples that have tried unsuccessfully over the years to begin a family, good news may be just around the corner.
One of the options to try and get that family started is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
With IVF, the simple explanation is that eggs are removed from a woman’s ovaries, and then male sperm is added to them. Once this part of the procedure is completed, the eggs are reinserted into the female body.
The infertility that led to having to undergo this procedure in the first place can be from either the woman or the man.
On the female side, it could be an issue with the fallopian tubes, while the man’s issue could relate to a minimal sperm count. Either way, IVF is seen as one of the better ways to up the odds of a woman becoming pregnant.
With that in mind, how should a couple approach the IVF procedure, notably, finding the best fertility clinic nearby or afar?
- First, give yourselves several fertility clinic options. You may be prone to jump at the first one you see, but that does not automatically mean it is the best choice for you and your family over the long run;
- Look to see which clinics have been around the longest. What is their success to failure rate of ultimately producing babies? When it comes right down to it, the bottom line is having a baby sooner rather than later. That also means bringing a healthy baby into the world. Clinics that have a sizable success rate in this area have obviously been doing something right over a long period of time;
- See which clinic comes mostly highly recommended. Customer testimonials are oftentimes a good indicator, though keep in mind that what worked for and was right for one woman or couple, doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for you and yours. If you know of someone that used a certain clinic and came away pleased by it and impressed with it, that should hold some weight too;
- Just as in any medical setting, it is the staff that oftentimes makes the difference between a pleasant stay and one not so pleasant. Finding out about the doctors, nurses and support teams is always highly recommended. Online profiles of the clinics and their personnel can give you some valuable insight into their experience levels and personalities.
As you know from the previous attempts at having a baby, the IVF process will take time and effort.
It is natural to get anxious, wishing that things did not take so long.
In order to keep yourself as calm as possible, make sure to:
- Lean on your support staff – From your significant other to family and friends, be sure you lean on them as much as possible. No one wants you to have the baby more (except for yourselves of course) than those around you that love and cherish you. Feel free to pepper them with questions, come to them when you need a little TLC, and ask them to help you with any items they can answer regarding the IVF process;
- Keep a positive attitude – There will be times where you could be down, feeling like becoming a mother may never happen. Just know that countless other women had that same feeling and ultimately welcomed a newborn into the world through IVF. What matters most is having a positive attitude and a mentality of never giving up until your dream of a little one comes true.
If it’s time for you to start a family, turn to IVF today.